The boys’ track and field team placed fourth out of eight teams at Hobart’s 49th annual “Little Five” meet on Saturday, April 13, 2019 with 60 points. South Bend St. Joseph won with 158, followed by Boone Grove with 137, and Hobart with 136. En route, KV athletes set several season or career best performances.
Colton Wright took top honors for the Kougars, winning the 300m hurdles in dominate fashion, his 42.16 nearly a 2 second margin over the nearest competitor.
Micah Adams took over second place in the 3200m by mid-race and hung on, coming home in his third best time (10:38.12).
Garrett Brewster notched third in the discus with a throw of 119′ 1″ and seventh in the shot put (38′-10″).
The 3200m relay squad of Ty Niewoehner, Cameron Sheehy, Adam Collard, and Micah Adams each ran a career best split, lopping off 14 seconds from the team’s season best time with Adams erasing a 25m deficit in the anchor leg to take third place.
Other scorers for KV:
- Justin Hoffman, 3200m run, 4th place in 10:45.69 (PR);
- Colton Wright, high jump, 5th place with 5′ 8″;
- Cameron Sheehy, 1600m, 6th place in 4:52.13 (PR);
- 400m relay, Alex Gronkiewicz, Jack Lamka, Ben Herz, Isaiah Clair, 6th place in 48.56;
- 1600m relay, Ryder Smith, Zach Taylor, Adam Collard, Ben Herz, 6th place in 3:57.57;
- Isaiah Clair, 110m high hurdles, 7th place in 18.89;
- Jackson Lindberg, pole vault, 7th place with 8′ 06″;
- Peyton Zimmerman, discus, 7th place with 95-07;
- Adam Collard, 800m run, 7th place in 2:17.95;
- Ethan Tillema, 1600m, 8th place in 4:52.85.
- Eli Gott, 400m run, 8th place in 57.43.
KV track competes next at home, on Tuesday, April 16, 2019, versus Highland at 5:00pm.